Renewing Your Passport
It takes several working days to receive a new passport once you submit the application. We encourage you to check your passport for the expiration date and to apply early for renewal.
We strongly recommend that you complete all forms online prior to coming to the consulate as this helps to reduce processing times.
Everyone (including minors) seeking to renew a U.S. passport must apply in person at the American Citizen Services office at Embassy Warsaw, Consulate General Krakow, or the Consular Agency in Poznan.
When applying for a passport for a minor BOTH parents must be present with the child to process the application. If either parent cannot be physically present at the time the passport application is submitted, a signed and notarized Statement of Consent of Issuance of Passport to Child Under Age 16 (form DS-3053) must be submitted together with a copy of the absent parent's passport.
To submit an application for a passport, complete the following steps:
- Complete application form online. The link for each passport application appears below.
You will need to submit the following documents:
- Current passport. At the discretion of the consular officer, other evidence, such as a photocopy of your lost or stolen passport, may be acceptable.
- 1 passport photo, 2 in x 2 in (5cm x 5cm), taken within the last six months. The photograph should be in color and must be front view, full-face taken in normal attire, and without a hat or dark glasses.
Fees and Forms
The passport fees below are the most current as of July 13, 2010.
- For adults, 110 USD.
Please complete Form DS-82 online.
- For adults who previously possessed a 5 year children's passport, 135 USD.
Please complete Form DS-11 online .
- For children under the age of 16, 105 USD.
Please complete Form DS-11 online and see the Special Requirements for Children Under Age 16.