Federal Benefits Unit
- Biuro Świadczeń Federalnych
The Services We Provide
- Taking applications for benefits from the Social Security Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Office of Personal Management and the Railroad Retirement Board.
- Processing status changes, e.g. changes of address, missing payments, birth of a child to a beneficiary, beneficiary’s death.
- Verification of a beneficiary’s entitlement to benefits, e.g. in the following situations: suspension of payments, completion of student’s eligibility questionnaires, overpayment refunds, recording of benefit eligibility questionnaires.
- Processing requests for enrollment for or termination of Medicare insurance.
- Appointments of representative payees for beneficiaries who need them.
- Taking applications for Social Security numbers and cards.
The Federal Benefits Unit in Krakow
The Federal Benefits Unit in Krakow provides services to individuals residing in the following provinces (Wojewodztwa) of Poland: dolnoslaskie, malopolskie, opolskie, podkarpackie, slaskie, swietokrzyskie, and to residents of Hungary.
All inquiries should be submitted to the Federal Benefits Unit in Krakow in writing to the following addresses:
- by e-mail to: email@example.com
- by fax to: +48-12-424-5120 or
- by mail to:
U.S. Consulate General
Federal Benefits Unit
ul. Stolarska 9
To obtain information you may also call us at: +48-12-424-5128 between 9:30 - 12:00. You must include your Social Security Claim Number in any correspondence directed to us. While calling, you should have your Social Security Claim Number with you.
The Federal Benefits Unit operates by appointment only.
The Federal Benefits Unit in Warsaw
The Federal Benefits Unit in Warsaw provides services to individuals residing in the following provinces (Wojewodztwa) of Poland: kujawsko-pomorskie, lubelskie, lubuskie, lodzkie, mazowieckie, podlaskie, pomorskie, warmińsko-mazurskie, wielkopolskie and zachodniopomorskie, and to residents of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
For more information on the Federal Benefits Unit in Warsaw, please visit the webpage at the Embassy Warsaw website.
You are encouraged to visit the websites of the following federal benefits agencies, administered by our offices:
- Social Security Administration: http://www.ssa.gov
- Department of Veterans Affairs: http://www.va.gov/
- VA Foreign Medical Program: http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/fmp/fmp.asp
- Office of Personnel Management: http://www.opm.gov/
- Railroad Retirement Board: http://www.rrb.gov
Direct deposit of federal benefits in Poland
In Poland federal benefits can be transferred electronically to your individual dollar account in PEKAO S.A. bank (http://www.pekao.com.pl/).
In order to request enrollment, please send to the appropriate office a copy of your bank account agreement, or the filled in and signed 1199A form, which is available here.