Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
U.S. Citizen Services

Passport, notarial and other services  

The American Citizen Services section is open from 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, by appointments only. We are closed on Polish and American holidays. To make an appointment, please click on one ofthe two options on the right column of the website.

U.S. citizens can apply for passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), notarial services (authenticating signatures on documents and certifying copies of original document). For more information please call us at: (12) 424-5129 or send an e-mail to:  

When applying for services, we recommend that in order to expedite the process you complete and print all forms online prior to coming to the Consulate.   

Further details about which forms and documents are required for passport services can be found at:  

Passport application status

The status of your application should be available online 5-7 days after you apply.  You can check the status of your application online by clicking the link below.  From this site, you can also sign up to receive automatic updates by email on the status of your application once it has been accepted.

General Information  

The U.S. Consulate General in Krakow offers a range of services to citizens of the United States who are living or traveling in its consular district which includes the provinces of Dolnoslaskie, Opolskie, Slaskie, Swietokrzyskie, Malopolskie, and Podkarpackie; U.S. citizens residing or travelling in other parts of Poland, should contact the ACS Unit in the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw.  

The American Citizen Services section is open from 08:30 – 12:00 and from 13:00 – 15:30.  We are closed for lunch from 12:00 – 13:00 daily. 

Please visit the links to the left for specific information about the services you may require.  

Emergency Services for U.S. Citizens  

If you are an American citizen with an after-hours emergency, you may call the Krakow Duty Officer for assistance at +48-601-48-33-48. This number is only for EMERGENCY situations.  Unfortunately, the theft or loss of a passport does not qualify as an after-hours emergency. A replacement for a lost or stolen passport can be obtained during normal operating hours.  The Duty Officer cannot answer questions regarding visa applications. Please note that this after hours service is only for emergencies involving U.S. citizens. 

Returning Residents

Unfortunately, the U.S. Consulate in Krakow no longer accepts returning resident visa applications.  Applicants in Poland who wish to apply for returning resident (SB-1) visas must contact the Consular Section in Warsaw via email at or by phone at +48 22 504 2465 during business hours to schedule an appointment. Appointments are scheduled between 1:30 and 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday, except for American and Polish public holidays.

Applicants should contact the Consular Section well in advance of their intended travel (at least three months) to permit sufficient time for visa processing. 

Federal Benefits Unit (FBU)  

The Federal Benefit Units in both Krakow and Warsaw provide assistance with the filing of applications for retirement, survivor and disability benefits with the Social Security Administration and the Veterans Administration.  They also provide a wide range of post-entitlement services.  Learn more about the Federal Benefits Unit.  

Federal Benefits Unit Hours of Operation  

The Krakow Federal Benefits Unit (Social Security, Veterans, Civil Service, Railroad Retirement Benefits) operates on an appointment only system.  To make an appointment please contact FBU Krakow directly bymail or by phone. Please do not use ACS appointment system. 


Krakow: Caution Recommended at Area Night Clubs

The U.S. Consulate General in Krakow encourages U.S. citizens to exercise caution at bars and clubs in Krakow. When visiting clubs, bars, and other public places you should be aware of your surroundings and try to avoid conflicts. Recently an extremely violent assault was reported at Club Hedonic on Szewska Street 9 in Krakow. As a result of this incident, the club has been designated as “off-limits” for U.S. Government personnel. We recommend exercising extreme caution in the vicinity of this night club. If you witness or become involved in a violent attack, extricate yourself from the situation as quickly as possible. Contact the nearest police officer immediately and notify the American Citizen Services section at the Consulate.   

Child Travelers 

Due to the increasing incidents of child abductions and abuse, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that if the child is accompanied by only one parent or a guardian, the adult should  have a note from the other parent or both parents.  For more information, please see:


After-Hours Emergencies

  • Thread

    Emergency Contact for U.S. Citizens Outside Regular Business Hours.