Public Affairs Section
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General in Krakow handles all aspects of press and cultural relations for the United States government in the 6 southern provinces of Poland: Dolnośląskie, Opolskie, Śląskie, Małopolskie, Podkarpackie and Świętokrzyskie.
- arranges press interviews, provides texts, transcripts and explanatory articles stating and explaining United States policies,
- manages exchange programs between various segments of Polish and American society,
- administers U.S. government involvement in cultural and educational activities between Poland and the United States.
The American Information Resource Center (AIRC) at the Consulate provides Polish institutions with up-to-date, comprehensive information on U.S. foreign policy, economic and trade issues, U.S. domestic issues and American society and culture.
- publishes the monthly Spotlight newsletter about upcoming Consulate activities,
- publishes the monthly Zoom in on America magazine for high school student and English teachers.
The Education Information Center maintains a collection of catalogs and guides for Polish citizens interested in university-level study in the U.S. and provides guidance on studying in the USA.