Public Affairs Section
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General in Krakow handles all aspects of press and cultural relations for the United States government in the 6 southern provinces of Poland: dolnośląskie, opolskie, śląskie, małopolskie, podkarpackie and świętokrzyskie.
- arranges press interviews, provides texts, transcripts and explanatory articles stating and explaining United States policies,
- manages exchange programs between various segments of Polish and American society,
- administers U.S. government involvement in cultural and educational activities between Poland and the United States.
The American Information Resource Center (AIRC) at the Consulate provides Polish institutions with up-to-date, comprehensive information on U.S. foreign policy, economic and trade issues, U.S. domestic issues and American society and culture.
- publishes the monthly Spotlight newsletter about upcoming Consulate activities,
- publishes the monthly Zoom in on America magazine for high school student and English teachers,
- maintains the About the USA website full of information and links for people interested in American arts, business, government, history, holidays, media, science, society, sports or traveling in the USA.
The Education Information Center maintains a collection of catalogs and guides for Polish citizens interested in university-level study in the U.S. and provides guidance on studying in the USA.